Tuesday, December 21, 2010

(31) Days of Good: Day 21

Time flies when you're having fun...only 10 days left of this year's GOOD!

2010 saw the latest release from 2D, Murdoc, Noodle, and Russel...better known collectively as Gorillaz. I'll be the first to admit that I didn't think Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett's animated-musical project would last this long...and i'll be the first to admit I was dead wrong. As far as i'm concerned, Gorillaz keep getting better.




















Plastic Beach built on the foundation set by Demon Days and then some. I really enjoyed this album, (especially the collaborations with Lou Reed, Little Dragon, Mos Def and obviously, De La Soul) and the Escape to Plastic Beach World Tour was one the best live shows I saw this year (if not ever).



Be sure to visit the GORILLAZ ADVENT CALENDAR each day for special treats (especially Christmas morning, when you can stream the new album, The Fall, which was recorded and mixed entirely on Albarn's iPad).

Purchase Plastic Beach on iTunes.

I was also lucky enough to see N.E.R.D. open for Gorillaz and while their set was a little underwhelming, I instantly fell in love with the Daft Punk produced Hypnotize U, from their latest album, Nothing.



N.E.R.D. - Hypnotize U by blackskywhite

Purchase Nothing on iTunes.

Even more GOOD courtesy of 35mmBeats.

No comments:

Post a Comment